Monday 2 January 2012

Thoughts a year after my Vaser 4D Sculpting Surgery

Its been nearly a year since my Vaser 4D Sculpt procedure and since then I have radically changed my diet by excluding bread, potato, pasta, milk, rice, cheese and wheat based products for 6 days of every week. I have also increased my gym workouts to about 2-3 times a week with a personal trainer as I know I wouldn't go the gym without someone guiding me. Despite all of these major changes, my body fat still hung around 15-18% which was very frustrating for me.

Don't get me wrong though. My body shape is absolutely awesome thanks to my surgeon. My weight has been maintained at 10Kg lighter than a year ago. My blood pressure has dropped from 144/89 to 103/56 and my resting pulse is now about 60 as opposed to 82.

Without the massive headstart the surgery has given me there is no way I would have been motivated to continue the lifestyle changes I have done over the last year. But, I'm the sort of person that will always want better, and so , now I want my body to be even better.

Before Christmas I decided that in the new year I was going to really step up my efforts to improve my diet, increase my exercise to 3-4 times a week and really try to lean out, and to try and get my body fat % to 9.8%. I discussed this with my trainer, James Lengahan from New Mission, and we agreed to go on a 7 day Poliquin detox diet, on medical food and greens. No meat/milk/nuts/fat - no nothing!! This will flush out oestrogenic toxins from my body and really help give me a good start for a new year. I should lean out well in the 1st week, and then my diet should be pretty much the same as before, cutting out all white stuff!

I will post my daily diet over my journey, leading up to the anniversary of my surgery on 24th January with photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment